Thursday, May 8, 2008

In a Purple Haze at MDS&W

So I did go to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival! It was so fantastic but a little overwhelming. We could not go on Sunday because of my little piano students recital (which went much better than expected) on Saturday. But from what I hear I'm glad I was not there on Saturday because of the crowds and I thought it was crowded on Sunday! We did make it in time for the Ravelry Party on Saturday which was a lot of fun and so nice for the good people at Ravelry to throw for all of us. Matt and I were glad to see Frecklemom there and had a nice visit with her. We also ran into a friend from college that I did not know was a knitter, which was fun. We spent the night on Saturday with Brooke and Ryan in Towson and spent the morning with them. The highlight of the morning was showing Turner the Geico car. He was very interested in seeing the Gecko on the side of it. It was a warm sunny day at the Sheep and Wool Festival on Sunday, not the best day to be looking at yarn, but any day is a good day to look at yarn in my opinion. I left with some very nice purchases and didn't break my budget on top of that. As you can see my new favorite color is Purple. These pictures don't really do my purchases justice.


This is a nice thin cotton yarn in various shades of purple. I loved the colors and couldn't put it down when I saw it. It was also a very resonable price for the amount of yarn on the cone. I'm not sure what I will make with this but I have some ideas...shhh, there secret until I cast on!



This yarn I purchased for a sweater patter I brought with me. I'm crossing my fingers that I bought enough! But its so soft because of the wool/silk combo.



This was another yarn that I could not put down because of the colors and its softness and weight. Delicious yarn! It was a little pricey for me so I thought I would have to leave it behind, but Matt could see how much I liked it that he offered to purchase it for me so I did not have to leave it behind. I'm thinking of making a Wisp with it. But I'm taking other suggestions.

No comments: