Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Clothes my boyfriend thinks are acceptable to own

So I was hesitating writing this blog, because I don't want people to get the wrong impression of my boyfriend. Bottom line is that he is a great guy that has an emotional attachment to clothes (I do too) and has a very interesting fashion sense. I only tell him that he should get rid of the clothes that are absolutely ridiculous to own and the following things fall into that category:

1)Clothes with holes that could never ever be repaired (I'm pretty good with the sewing machine, I know)
2)Clothes that are so ugly that should only be used for halloween costumes
3)Clothes that were a fad/trend 10 years ago that should never ever come back into style
Everything else is fair game. I'm pretty lenient with him on what clothes are acceptable. Here are two things I "borrowed" from his closet recently.


He knows I have these shorts that were bought for a halloween costume and he knows I was going to blog about them. He was "mango" from SNL in these shorts.


He does not know that I have this shirt, so please don't spill the beans. I asked him where he would wear this shirt and he replied "to a club" or "out clubbing" Now if a guy in this shirt approached me a club or in a bar I probably would not want to talk to him. I "borrowed" this shirt several months ago and he has not even realized that it has been missing. We'll see how long it takes...so please don't tell him I have it and I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog because he lives in the land of dial-up.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

you should cut up both and send him little pieces with ransom notes attached once a week until there is nothing left, or he give you 100 million dollars.

Friar said...

You may be the sweetest person alive. I would have been much more, say, forthright with my opinions of his clothes. The fact is he presents himself rather well for work every day.

You've got to get a picture up about "the Umbros" though.

Doug Walo said...

Oh Hostie. God love him. We all do, even if he does believe those pieces of clothing are acceptable to own. :)