Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Winter blues

I think it is normal for this time of year to be a downer for everyone. With spring right around the corner I'm definately feeling the winter blues. Fortunately I have a lot of things to look forward to in the next 3 months, but also a lot of work to do.

The paper I was supposed to be writing on Sunday did not happen...surprise surprise...I absolutely must be started before next Saturday or I am screwed. The poster is done and has even been presented to a college level class. The presentation went really well and I think I actually know what I'm talking about. Its so much easier for me to talk about this subject than to sit down and write about it. It seems stupid for me to say that but it is hard to sit down and actually write it. I need some good music, good tea, and comfy clothes and last but not least nooooooooo distractions. My life seems full of distractions these days. On the upside I did practice on Sunday and the third movement of the Gershwin is definately coming along. I need to play it for some people I think to test the waters.

My sweater is coming along nicely, I'm still working on the top portion and have just started the 2nd skein. I plan to knit on it more tonight while watching a movie from my mailbox.

So to cure my winter blues I'm doing and looking forward to the following things:

1) the Opera I'm going to see at the Met on March 15th! I'm beyond excited for this. I bought a new dress yesterday, its FABULOUS! I'm in love with it and I can't wait for Matt to see me in it. This weekend should be fantastic because it happens to be our 1 year mark of dating. This is a huge milestone for me...it may seem pathetic to some people, but its a big one for me.

2) Shopping! So I bought a new dress for the opera and today I ordered some layering turtlenecks for my Norwegian sweater and the sweater I'm knitting. But for those of you who know me, know that I got everything on sale! I also bought concert tickets to see Chris Thile and the Punch Brothers. I really want to buy his new album that came out today, but I think I will restrain myself for now. Perhaps I'll buy a copy of his album before the concert, so he can sign it!

3)Knitting! Ever since discovering the wonder that is Ravelry I've become OBSESSED! Knitting is definately
my outlet, gives me something to look forward to when I come home from work and something to do in meetings. As I've been advisor to my local college sorority chapter I go to a lot of meetings. The girls are very impressed with what I'm currently knitting. I hope it turns out so I can wear to a sorority function.

4)MTNA Conference in Denver! As I've already mentioned I have a lot of work to do, but I'm really looking forward to sharing my work with other music teachers.

These next couple months are going to keep me very very busy but that is the best cure for the winter blues.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

And your knitting will kick my knitting's ass. oh and arent you excited to see me post opera!?!?!?! yay!

Friar said...

Yeah Ravelry!

Keep your head up . . . except when you're knitting. That's hard.