Saturday, February 23, 2008

Unpredictability

So everything that I had planned this weekend got changed...so why do I even bother planning?

The snow predicted for Friday came as expected and my school was closed causing me to call all my students personally and reschedule their lessons and I got half of them made up this Saturday.  I plan to teach again next Saturday making up more lessons.   So teaching on Saturday wasn't that bad and it makes me feel good to have some of these lessons taken care of.

On another note, my original plan was to drive to NJ to see my love after work today.  However, I got a call from him saying I shouldn't come because he was sick and his sister was coming for the weekend.  I cannot afford to get sick and I'm a little nervous about meeting his sister.  I talked to him at least 6 or 7 times today to check on him, but he has the flu and bronchitis, poor guy.  He's resting up so we can spend next weekend together.  

I cast on my first sweater yesterday and so far I think it is turning out.  I'm making the Dahlia from the winter Knitty.  I got some sound advice from my sister about negative ease and gauges.  I post some pictures when I get further along.  I also may be giving up the on the lace mohair for now until I find a pattern I really like.  

So tonight I went to Cosi with my friend Dan and we shared lots of funny stories.  I told him about when I was waking up this morning and reaching for my laptop on the floor beside my bed.  As I grabbed my laptop to swing it up to my bed, my face was in the way and I hit myself quite hard in the chin with my laptop.  I'm fine and no bruising (yet)  but it's still quite tender.  Ohhhhh, I'm such a clutz.  Dan told me about some of the children at his daycare including the little girl that said that the lion from the Wizard of Oz wanted Carrots from the wizard.  When Dan corrected her and asked the children what courage was, another little girl said "vegetables."

Tomorrow I must work on my paper for Denver as well as practice the Gershwin Preludes for Piano, I'm playing those on a recital in April.  I will let you know how that goes tomorrow...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful sweater choice!! I can't wait to see pictures!