Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mohair, makeups, and moving....

So I started a lacework project that I mentioned in my last blog. However, mohair is really frustrating and slow to work with. I think that I may need to have a couple projects going so I don't get completely frustrated with this one. I've already had to start over once, but I hope to make some good headway on this weekend. If it works out, I'll post some pictures. I emailed my sister about the gauge issues I was having so hopefully she will be able to give me some good advice.

It is supposed to snow here tomorrow, much to my chagrin. Snow= no school=not being able to teach my scheduled students= having to reschedule people= time I don't have! But if there is snow I could have a lazy day at home knitting, which would be the only upside. I already have so many makeups to do from last week when I was sick that I'm teaching some on Saturday. With Denver coming up I really can't get behind in making up lessons. This is why summer teaching is easier, because we aren't required to give any makeups...oh well I will make all of them up eventually.

I'm currently in a long distant relationship. We're about 2 hours apart and have been seeing each other for almost a year now. The distance has been bothering me for a while now...not a lot but a little. I'm jealous of all my friends that live with or live close to their significant others. I covet my weekends and get upset when my friends don't understand that I may not be able to do something because I want to see my boyfriend. I always think that they don't understand because they just saw they boyfriend for dinner on Wednesday which is never an option for me. I've thought about moving but I guess I need to know the level of committment we have for each other before that step is taken. The thought of moving to a place where I don't know anyone is scary and then there is the issue with jobs. I have not thought too seriously about this but it may come up sometime soon.

PS I love alliteration

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I know how you feel! The 4 years at Gettysburg were really hard with Ryan at PSU 3 hours away and all my friends dating people on campus! Hang in there and know that your true friends are going to be there and support you, not cause you more stress! Love and miss you tons!!

(you have to go shopping at DSW with me now that i have a gift certificate!!!! i will save it for when i see you again!!)