Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the beginning

So I'm stuck at work for an hour and a half and I've never blogged, ever...so I thought why not try it and see how long I stick with this.

So today in addition to do my work, yes I did do some today, I found a pattern to use some yarn that has been lying around my stash for several years. In fact I had started the Branching Out scarf with this yarn, but it was definately frogged a long long time ago. But I found something that will be easy, hopefully, as well as look nice. Plus I will have something nice to wear to the Opera in March over one of my standard black cocktail dresses! I'll update the progress on here, but I will most likely start it tonight while watching the next movie in my Netflix queue.

I have a couple other projects I'm working on, but nothing has been started seriously yet. My best friend has requested Christmas stockings for her family of 4. The pattern I have is not too tricky but deciding on the colors is the tricky part. Hopefully we can get together soon so we can buy the yarn together. I may have to take a trip down to see her and her cute kids!

I also want to start my first serious sweater, but I'm having gauge issues. Because of my gauge issues I haven't started this for fear it will turn out way too big or way too small.

On top of all of that I am presenting my poster to Patricia Powell's Piano Pedagogy class this evening. I finished it last night...down to the wire. But it is for a Conference in Denver that isn't until the end of March, so really I'm ahead of things. My poster displays the artwork of my Piano Students. I know you're thinking why do I have my piano students artwork when I'm their music teacher. Well that is precisely the point of my poster to prove how interconnected art and music can be when approached in the right way. While the poster is in it's first draft, the paper has not been started. I wrote the abstract first....who does that...oh wait I do. My deadline for the first draft of the paper is March 7th. I can handle that.

So I hope my first blog post wasn't too terribly boring.

1 comment:

Doug Walo said...

Welcome to the mighty world of blogging!