Monday, July 14, 2008

THE REUNION

Ok, So I meant to post way sooner than this...opps. So here we go I'm going to try and give a short rundown of the reunion weekend!

DAY 1) Began at 10am when James showed up to say hi and formally meet us. (too bad I wasn't dressed or showered yet) Then Jean came over to talk church music for the service on Sunday. Before we dashed over to the noontime picnic I played the Ives for my uncle, which he really liked. At noon we headed over to Ann and Bruce's for a bar-b-que, Zip-line action, live music, lots of talking, birthday cake, dinner and games. (I will post a few pictures later) In the evening we all loaded onto "The General Lee" my cousin's school bus, to go to see the fireworks in a neighboring town. After we returned we looked at old family photos until after midnight.

DAY 2) So there were some morning activities, including a walk to the river and canoeing on the river. My morning activity was sleeping. Hindsight I wish I had gone on the walk and done the canoeing. So in the afternoon we headed to the church for pictures(looking and taking) and supper(thats what they call it out in the midwest). Of course there was more visiting and a huge family tree posted along one wall. The evening concluded with a pool party, we went in at the end and talked with people...again til midnight and I had to get up and play a pretty hard piece the next day.

DAY 3) Church went well, and as I say I am my own worst critic. Buffet of pizza was pretty good too. We left for Wisconsin by 2pm. It took forever to say goodbye to everyone. The keepsakes from the reunion of course include memories and pictures, but also a wonderful cookbook, complied by my cousin Krista, she really did an awesome job with this. The t-shirt designed by James is pretty nice as well!

The trip home included more pie, a stop Detroit to see my godmother, and lots of exhaustedness(is that word, probably not, oh well)

I arrived back to my apartment on Wednesday night only to have to go into work the next day...blech. But this past weekend was pretty good and I have some more good ones coming up.

So since I've been back, I've been exploring the Ravelympics! The goal is to cast on and finish projects while the Olympics are on. I'm definitely going to do it I just have to decide what categories to participate it. I will post that when I decide!

No comments: