Thursday, June 19, 2008

Where did I go?

Well its been a while since I posted...bad I know but I think I have had very very good reasons. I have been diligently working on my online course for Kindermusik. This is taking up more time than I thought, mainly because I want to finish it in 8 weeks and go on vacation for 1 or those weeks. So I want to finish it in 7 weeks...eek! I'm on the material for week 4 but I'm only in the second week of my training....I'm doing well so far.

Besides doing homework and being in school, this is the last week of regular lessons and while half of my students are already on vacation I still have to go and teach the ones who aren't. And of those ones only have of them remember to come. So far this week I've taught 5 kids out of 13. It is making for a really easy week and allowing me to spend more time on my homework.

I have started a new knitting project to take a break from the infamous Christmas Stockings. I'm working on this tank with some of the yarn I got at the Maryland Sheep and Wool. I hope to have it finished to wear for my birthday!

Also on the agenda is preparing to go to my family reunion in Minnesota in 2 weeks. I have agreed to help out with the music for the church service, I just I hope I don't scare people with my modern music. I'm playing a piece by Charles Ives called the Alcotts. I chose this piece for several reasons; 1) I love it! 2) Ives was an insurance executive and I have several family members who were in the insurance business including my beloved grandpa 3) The Alcotts are about the New England Alcotts who were friends with the Peabody's who are distant relatives of mine. That being said I feel that this piece, while disonant at times, is very appropriate for my family reunion. Unfortunately I picked one of the hardest pieces in my repertoire which means I have a lot of practicing to do.

No comments: