Thursday, April 17, 2008

Finally a knitting/crafting update

So here it is my first sweater!


I can't wait to make many more...I have lots of other ideas in my head right now, but I must control my urge to start 10 projects and not finish any. My goal right now is to finish one Christmas stocking by the end of the month and if I do that successfully then I can knit something fun for myself. My other goal is to reduce some of my stash seen below. It isn't as bad as some knitters I've seen but I would save some money if I didn't go out and buy new yarn every time I wanted to start a project. If you have any suggestions for the lace weight mohair lavendar yarn in the picture, let me know. I have 3 skeins that I have no idea what to do with!



I've also been working on some non knitting items to be used in my teaching studio. Now that most of my professional events are over, aside from my students recital in May, I have time to work on some other things for my teaching. Organizing music, getting caught up on paperwork...ect. I'm also making some weighted bean bag balls to teach rhythm. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, after I finish 3 more and I'll explain how I use them.

No comments: