Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Opera

So last weekend I went to see Turandot at the Philadelphia Opera Company and it was excellent! It is my favorite opera and it got me thinking about all the operas I have seen. So I thought I would post a list of the operas I have seen and make an effort in the future to see operas I am not familiar with.

So I have seen the following opera's

At the New York City Opera I have seen
The Magic Flute by Mozart

At the Pittsburgh Opera I have seen
La Boheme by Puccini
La Traviata by Verdi
Madame Butterfly by Puccini

In Stockholm at the Palace I saw the first Opera by Jacopo Peri Euridice

At the Baltimore Opera
Aida by Verdi
Carmen by Bizet
Lady MacBeth of Mtsensk by Shostakovich
The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart

At the Metropolitan Opera
Turandot by Puccini
Don Giovanni by Mozart
Carmen by Bizet
La Traviata by Verdi

At the Philadelphia Opera
Turandot by Puccini

There are so many operas I would like to see, that I have not seen yet. But if I could pick one of these operas to see again I would love to see Lady MacBeth of Mtsenk live again, it was unlike anything I'd ever seen before.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I'm amused that you post the operas that you've been to, while I could put together a similar post on bluegrass/indie bands I've seen and would like to see. Which BTW, Punch brothers - March 12th and Crooked Still - March 18th.

And the place for us to meet in the middle would be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmUEGGD9hAU