Thursday, February 12, 2009

Now what?

So I haven't posted in a almost a month and there are three reasons why...

1) I have almost 40 students in my studio which is a first and I started teaching my first Kindermusik class. So work is going really well but is making me really busy.

2) Whenever I haven't been working I've been knitting. I made this lovely vest with yarn from Matt's sister Susan. It turned out really wearable, I really like it.


3) I've been working on this dress. I saw this pattern in September and absolutely loved it. The pattern and yarn were a christmas present and I really wanted to wear it for Valentines Day, but here's the problem. I feel like it is a little big and I should have knit a size smaller.

So in hopes to fix this problem, I seamed the top part smaller which created a very interesting side look.


So my questions are as follows:
1)Does this look ok with the side seam?
2)Should I reknit the top portion with a smaller needle so the top is more form fitting?
3)Should I reknit the whole thing in a smaller size?

It would be worth it to me to start over if it is going to look better, but I may need a few days to mourn the time lost if I rip the whole thing out.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

OK loving them both. I think the side seam is fine. Who cares if the ribs go a little too angled there, it's a seam. Seams are just sometimes weird looking, even on professional garments. Who's really going to stare at that particular section of your body anyways. And if they are...perverts!

But then again, I'm a little on the lazy side. If you're a perfectionist, frog it. If nothing else, wear it saturday and then frog it afterwards if you really aren't happy.