Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pulling my hair out...ohh, I mean yarn

So I have started the ever so popular February Lady Sweater. So cute, I have the nicest color for it and I thought it would be great to knit. Well I have ran into more problems with this sweater than I have ever dealt with in knitting.

First this lovely expensive Dream in Color Classy Yarn started rubbing its dye off onto my hands. So my hands could match the beautiful color or my knitting....right!?!?

Then, I had gotten through most of the raglan increases to finally figure out how to do the buttonhole correctly, this was after 2 tries. So when I did get the button hole to look nice, I put it on the wrong side of the sweater....opps!

Then I started the lace portion, which was tricky to get the hang of at first. And I either dropped a stitch or forgot one of the very important YO's.

So, after these disasters, I made the difficult decision that the easiest thing to salvage this sweater was to rip it out and start over. So this is what I ripped out


And these were the two buttonholes during my, I don't know what I'm doing stage.


And finally here is the buttonhole that I had figured out, but put on the wrong side.


So I hope that all of this fretting and ripping out is worth it for my finished garment. Stay tuned for the results!

No comments: