Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer FO's

As everyone else is going back to school I'm in the middle of my summer break. I have just 2 weeks left, then I will be back to a busy teaching schedule. Until then I have been knitting, practicing and trying to spend as much time with family and friends as possible. Here are the knitting projects from the summer.


This sweater is my favorite from the summer projects. I started working on it during my beach vacation in June. It feels great and looks pretty great too. This one was definitely worth the time and money spent on this beautiful sweater.


With my recent experimentations in difficult lace projects I got this shawl. This skein had so much yarn in it that I had enough for one large and one small shawl. This is the smaller shawl.


These socks were meant to be entered in the Goshen Country Fair, however after some sizing issues it was clear that they would not be finished in time. Well there is always next year and I still got a nice pair of socks out of it.


I'm only half way done with this project but the matching sock is coming along. I had some cotton yarn hanging around and how perfect are these socks for summer and early fall.

Well in 2 weeks my knitting will have to slow down as other things begin to pick up.

No comments: